Friday, December 21, 2018

Current Reads

Dark Challenge by Christine Feehan- one I haven't read before

Julian Savage was golden. Powerful. But tormented. For the brooding hunter walked alone, always alone, far from his Carpathian kind, alien to even his twin. Like his name, his existence was savage. Until he met the woman he was sworn to protect... When Julian heard Desari sing, rainbows swamped his starving senses. Emotions bombarded his hardened heart. And a dark hunger to possess her flooded his loins, blinding him to the danger stalking him. And even as Desari enflamed him, she dared to defy him with mysterious, unparalleled feminine powers. Was Desari more than his perfect mate? Julian had met his match in this woman, but would she drive him to madness... or save his soul?

This one is a good one, don't usually have an issue with this series. This is the 5th one in the series and all books can be read as standalones. I have to say the first one in the series is the hardest to get through. So if you are like me who prefers to read in order anyway, don't get discouraged by the first book which is called Dark Prince.

Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton- A reread for me

Anita Blake is small, dark, and dangerous. Her turf is the city of St. Louis. Her job: re-animating the dead and killing the undead who take things too far. But when the city’s most powerful vampire asks her to solve a series of vicious slayings, Anita must confront her greatest fear—her undeniable attraction to master vampire Jean-Claude, one of the creatures she is sworn to destroy...

This author is by far my favorite. This series is better when read in order. I feel that you would be lost if you read them out of order. Guilty Pleasures is the first book in the series.

Beneath a Rising Moon- one I haven't read before (Though I am having a sense of deja vu)
There’s no turning back for Neva Grant. To find a killer, she must seduce the boldest male in the Sinclair pack. Her twin sister lies in a hospital bed, fighting for her life, the fourth and only surviving victim of a vicious attacker. The werewolf rangers suspect the Sinclair pack, and the only way Neva can infiltrate their close-knit ranks is to unleash the wildness within and offer herself to Duncan Sinclair. Duncan’s appetite for women is legendary on the reservation. But when this new woman stirs his hunger, he finds his desire for her goes deeper than anything he’s ever felt before. When he realizes that she’s playing a game and he’s taken the bait, he is determined to push her to the breaking point. As Duncan and Neva engage in a dangerous dance, they must somehow find a way to join forces—before a cornered killer bites back.


This is a good book and the first in the series. I can't tell you as of yet whether or not this series needs to be read in order. As I haven't read any books of this series before.

Awakening by Catrina Burgess- one I haven't read before

Seventeen-year-old Colina was born a healer. But after a horrific event forces her to leave her clan, she becomes desperate to learn the dark magic of the death dealers, mages who draw their power from the spirits of the dead. Colina was taught to fear and hate death dealers, but becoming one of them is the only way for her to get the revenge she seeks—and the only way for her to survive. Colina asks a young death dealer named Luke to help her, but he’s reluctant to train her in the Death Arts. Little does she know convincing him to teach her will be the easiest part of her journey. To become a death dealer, Colina will need to undergo three dark rituals, each more terrifying than the last. At the same time, she’ll have to deal with her growing feelings for her mentor. Too bad the first ritual involves him strangling her to death. As Colina undergoes the trials, she discovers an untapped darkness within herself. If she survives the horrific rituals and gains dark power, what will she become?

This book pulled me in immediately. Not sure if this is a series that can be read out of order or not.

Temp Me by Nina West- one I haven't read before

I ran to Alaska to escape heartbreak, only to deliver myself into the jaws of a wolf.
Henry Wolf, that is. Owner of the luxury hotel chain, and an undeniably beautiful but cold, hard man who is quick with demands, slow with apologies.
And is my new boss. Worse? I think he’s toying with me. He enjoys watching me squirm beneath his penetrating gaze. He relishes in messing with my mind. He seems to know that my body betrays me when he’s near. And I’m beginning to think it’s only a matter of time before my job description expands to include tasks I can never talk about.
Tempt Me is the first book in The Wolf Hotel series. Henry and Abbi's story continues with Break Me, Teach Me, and Surrender To Me.


This book I am unsure about as of yet. My preferred genre is paranormal romance which this doesn't seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment