Monday, December 10, 2018

Pure Healing (Pure ones #1) by Aja James


                                                 
In the world of Pure Ones, where sexual intercourse with anyone other than one’s Eternal Mate leads to a slow, painful death within thirty days, love comes with the warning label “fall at your own peril”…

Rain: the Healer

From the first time she beheld him, she yearned to sooth his pain and torment and nurtured a secret, selfish desire – to have him for her very own…

Valerius: the Protector

Despite their instant attraction, he has staunchly avoided applying to be the Healer’s Consort, haunted by the brutality and violence of his past…

As the decadal Phoenix Rite draws near, as threats from their vampire nemesis intensify, Rain and Valerius must decide whether they let their histories and duties dictate their destiny or whether they risk all for a chance at everlasting love.
 


I honestly tried, I gave this book longer than I have given any other book. Usually give it 60 pages and done. Got over half way through the book before I gave up this is going in the dnf (did not finish) pile unfortunately. Which gives this a 1* for me. Other people have told me the series gets better after the first book. So I am going to do what I usually don't do for a 1 * book and try the next book in the series. Will post that when I get it done. Won't read that one right away. I don't want my judgement of the first book to cloud my judgement of the second bood,

No comments:

Post a Comment